Yogurt Hair Masks Benefits
Yogurt Can Be Used In Your Beauty Regimen In Multiple Ways:-
- It makes an excellent moisturizer for dry hands.
- Using it on your nails can make them look more polished.
- Cracked heels benefit from this when used for massage.
- Massaging your teeth with it can help whiten them.
- You can use a yogurt hair mask or face masks to take advantage of its benefits.
You’re not alone if you have ever wondered, “What’s the difference between yogurt and curd?”
Curd or Dahi is a dairy product made by curdling the milk with an edible acidic substance such as lemon juice or vinegar whereas Yogurt is created by bacterial fermentation of milk by using yogurt culture that consists of Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophiles.
Yogurt hair mask for dandruff
Mix half a cup of yogurt with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey. Blend and apply on the scalp. Leave it for an hour then wash off with warm water. Honey moisturizes the affected area while the other ingredients clear dandruff.
Yogurt hair mask for smooth hair
Yogurt is known for its smoothening properties. You can team with other ingredients like bananas to make a hair smoothening pack or mask. Mix a couple of bananas with two tablespoons of olive oil, honey, and yogurt. Mix well and let it sit in the refrigerator – apply, leave for 40 minutes, rinse and shampoo. This mask has proteins that help keep the hair smooth and the addition of bananas make the mixture perfect for your tresses, Make sure you use the hair pack regularly to get the best results.
Yogurt hair mask for oily hair
Yogurt is a rich source of probiotics, has a high content of antioxidant and vitamins which helps to nurture the hair shaft from within and controlling excess oil production. You can make a mask by adding a tablespoon of baking soda with ½ cup of plain yogurt, 1-2 tablespoon of lemon juice and an egg white. Mix them well to make a smooth paste. Apply this on your hair and then cover it with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Rinse it off and use this mask once a week.
Yogurt hair mask for hair fall
Try making a pack using yogurt, mustard seed powder, and onion juice. Applying onion juice to the hair and scalp can help increase blood supply to the hair follicles, which in turn are responsible for improving hair growth. Mustard seeds, on the other hand, contain vitamin A, which is a great nutrient for hair growth. They also contain fatty acids that help strengthen the hair internally.
Yogurt hair mask for dry hair
This is especially for those who live a nightmare during colder months. trying an egg white and yogurt mask to help rejuvenate dry and dull hair. Take two eggs and mix the white portion with 1/2 cup of plain yogurt to make a hydrating mask. Eggs are power-packed with proteins, minerals and B-complex vitamins that are essential for keeping your hair healthy.
Top Tips for Beautiful Hair
- Do not wash your hair too much. Once or twice a week is good enough unless you work out every day or live in a very humid area.
- Use a gentle shampoo, or try a natural cleanser.
- Hot water is your enemy. Always use cool water on your hair as well as skin (unless you have a cold and cough).
- Let your hair air dry. If you must blow-dry, use the cooler setting.
- Stay away from chemical treatments. Perming, straightening or coloring deplete moisture from your hair and can leave it very dry.
- Protect your hair from the hot sun as it can dehydrate your hair. Wear a scarf or hat when you are spending a long time in the sun.
- Nourish your hair from within. Take omega-3 rich foods such as fish, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds. Omega 3 helps to restore moisture and improves the smoothness and shine of your hair.
- Vitamin A is also extremely important to keep your hair soft and hydrated. Include foods such as pumpkin, mango, carrot, sweet potato, dark leafy greens, and papaya.
Hair growth is never easy, and it takes a lot of patience. However, using yogurt as a hair growth aid will help keep it healthy while it grows. Have you ever used yogurt on your hair care regime?
Did this blog help you? Click here for more!